3 Tháng Mười Một, 2023

What types of vehicles can investors use in Vietnam?

Vietnam transport provides a wide range of affordable options, including buses, taxis, motorbikes, cars or bikes. It always ensures convenient and efficient to go throughout the city.

First option is buses. This transport is the cheaper way with ticket cost as low as $0.25 for local buses within the city. But you need to consult in advance the route of each bus, and the number of buses you will get on and off at each station. Otherwise, you may go past the route you want to reach. You can search the route and number of buses for this link: http://buyttphcm.com.vn/RouteFinding

Second option is motorbikes and cars. For this option, we divide two cases, as follow:

– If you book the car or motorbike service, the fees will depend on the route which you need to go;

– If you rent or buy the car/motorbike, you have to pay attention to your driver’s license. In the situation which you are issued the drivers’ license by the authorized of home country, you need to convert your driver’s license to comply with the provisions of Vietnamese law, unless Vietnam and the country issuing the driver’s license are both members of an international treaty and international treaties have different regulations (in case you were previously issued a driver’s license). Other situation is you don’t have a driver’s license or your driver’s license not suitable to your transportation which you want to drive, you must register for a course and take a new driver’s license test corresponding to the type of vehicle you want to use.[1]

Final option is bikes. You can purchase a second-hand bicycle for as little as $25. Or you can buy a new bicycle, ranging from $80 for affordable option, $120 for decent mountain bikes to $200 or more for high-quality road bikes.

Explore additional contents about investing in Vietnam for investor:

Can investors use a foreign SIM card for communication while living in Vietnam?

– How do we register health insurance in Vietnam for investor’s relative?

– When an investor lives in an apartment or house, do they need residence registration?

[1] Article 7 Circular 12/2017/TT-BGTVT and Article 1.5 Circular 38/2019/TT-BGTVT

Share this post:

Discover more articles